Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Better Late Then Never

So my kiddos took me out for mother's day last night. I got to meet my daughter's new boyfriend and I absolutely adore him. He emits kindness from his pores. And me, always a sucker for brown eyes, can see very easily how my baby girl could get lost in those eyes.

I shared my motherdom with my son's girlfriend's mom last night at dinner as well. Very nice lady. I would love to meet the rest of her family. My son's girlfriend is so pretty and she is as nice as she is pretty. And you just have to love a girl that will talk openly at dinner about her nervous toots.

It was nice to take some time out and just sit with my kids. I love to sit back and watch them interact with their significant other. There could be no better mother's day gift then to see your kids happy... although the gift card from Home Depot will come in quite handy soon and that's always nice as well.

My face went and healed itself. I won't go into the gory details, but I will say that all the bad stuff that was in my face, exited my face through a means I did not expect and I was better in a matter of hours after leaving my doctor. This second episode of pain face was probably caused by the original sinus infection, but ended up not being a sinus infection this second time around. I'll still be taking the antibiotics, though... just to make sure this stuff is good and gone.

Work is crazy. They fired another dispatcher last night. That one girl I was training about a month ago didn't make it either, but I don't think I ever updated you here on that. So now we'll get someone new to train all over again. I don't know if they have any prospects already or not. Whoever they hire... my biggest wish is that they have previous experience. If not that, I wish for someone who learns exceptionally fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, so good to hear your kiddos have found good sig oth's for now--always a good thing. I'm glad you got to spend time with them.

But what the hell about your infection?!? Did a friggin' alien pop out of your chest? Now you readers (or at least one sick & twisted one) are wondering how gross something has to be to cross your gross line.

Sorry to hear about the dispatcher shortage. It sounds like it comes at a pretty bad time. Best wishes!