Friday, May 8, 2009

Too Early

Thought I got up at 3am this morning, but it was 2am. Sounds early, but I went to bed around 9pm and I rarely sleep more than 5 hours at a time. Now it's almost 5am and I'm sleepy again.

If I were to go to sleep right now instead of sitting here blogging, I could take a short nap before I have to do a million things because I didn't get squat done over the last two days. Mainly, I need to get my living area in order because Sunday is Mother's Day and I'm sure I'll be forced to have to do the whole MOTHER routine. Geez... you'd think the other holidays would suffice, but NO!

Of course, I'm kidding. I miss my kids. Painfully. But mostly I miss knowing what's going on in their lives. When they lived with me, they were held down and forced to give me all their information. Now... well... now I really cherish holidays. And it's not only because of all the cool gifts they give me out of guilt for not coming over more often.

I tried being sneaky. I got them each a really cool digital camera for Christmas. My thought was, "I get them cameras, they take pictures, I get to see what they are doing and with whom." The results after 5 months is a total of about 3.5 pictures each. I also do MySpace and FaceBook so I can spy on them... because admitting that I enjoy doing either is kind of embarrassing although it shouldn't be since everyfreakingbody that I know is on one or the other and usually both.

I'm not ignorant of the fact that they are working their arses off. It's finals time and they both work, my son full time in a managers position. They are busy little bees. Plus, they are both dating and both in fairly new relationships which haven't reached that 'I can't stand to see your face so much' phase. I am an understanding mom. And I guess I kind of understand where MY mom is coming from when she calls and scolds me for not keeping in touch. The only difference is there is never anything new in my life to call and tell her about. Unless you count me calling about my butt going into the wall, or the lawn mower is broken again, or I have strange scary mounds in my garage. Then I'll just blog about it anyway and if she reads my blog, what's the point in calling, right?

I should have made this my Mother's Day post. crap.

I have finally... for real this time... chosen the paint colors for this room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy (early) Mother's Day!