Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lawn Care

We had a cool front push through over night. It was a beautifully crisp morning. I was going to mow so's I could get it out of the way before my days off officially started, then I saw that my neighbors are getting a new roof (I'm so jealous!) and I have a hard enough time dealing with the cars that drive by and see me mowing, I don't need a bunch of men up on a roof ogling me, because it doesn't matter how fat and ugly you are, men just do that and it's worse when they are in groups.

Complex, you say? Oh, yeah. I've got several. I'm the kind of person who walks in a room full of people and does her best not to be noticed. As I walk through a milling crowd I'm constantly thinking like a Ninja and repeating to myself, "BE invisible... BE invisible." But someone invariably looks my way and I realize quickly that the freaking force was not with me again.

And then, about an hour later, a nice young man came to my door and asked a very silly question. "Hi, do you need your lawn mowed?" I opened my screen door, took a look see at the jungle that was out there, looked back at the nice young man and thought, DUH, but said, "Yeah... kind of looks like I do." I thanked him for his concern about my weeds but declined his offer of help.

They better be done with that roof by the end of the day. I think I've seen the Code Enforcement guy stalking my house again.

No comments: