Thursday, May 21, 2009

Various Things

Been having some computer issues. I was fearful that my graphics card had burned up, then I started thinking about the update I did about 3 days before my computer started acting weird and thought I'd just try going to the NVIDIA website first before giving up all hope. I updated my driver(s) and things are better than they were before. I seriously have no idea what setting I had it on previously, but now things are WAY crisp and clear. It's like going in and getting glasses for the first time. You come away going, "Man! I had no idea things were suppose to look like this!"

Dancing With The Stars and American Idol are now over and done with for the season. These have to be two of my favorite shows. I, like so many others, predicted Adam Lambert would win American Idol. Kris Allen won, though, and I have to say, I think I'm kind of glad. Although Adam has such unbelievable talent, and the confidence to go with it, Kris was always kind of shy and never went into the competition expecting to win. He was shocked. He was blown away. It was a pretty cool thing to see.

My son, who's been living with his Dad for the last three years, is moving into his first apartment June 12th. He's VERY excited. For more reasons than I'm allowed to disclose at the moment. I'm excited for him, too. The sad part is, since both of my kids have moved to their new store which is located in Coppell, and my son's apartment is located within walking distance to this store, neither of them will be living OR working in Tarrant County any more. I say it's sad... it's not really. I'm very proud of their success. And they still come visit their old mama.

I had two dreams that I remember last night. The first was that the code enforcement guy stopped by my house to measure my grass length. I shut the door when I saw him get out of his truck with a ruler. This dream tells me it's time to mow, regardless that I JUST mowed, because I was noticing yesterday it doesn't even look like I have recently. Lots of rain and sunshine lately.

The second dream was that I woke up to an earthquake. The only thing I can think of that made me dream this was a cat might have been walking around on my bed while I was sleeping... mainly, my hefty Jynxy. My hefty Spazz is rarely allowed up on the bed. Not by me, but by Jynx. He doesn't mind the girls up there, but he does NOT like Spazz up there.

Lastly, I'm currently learning how to edit and storyboard my vids and pics. As soon as I complete one, you will be the first to see! Can't seem to figure out how to import my music from ITunes though. But I WILL!

Have a gloriously wonderful day.

3 comments:

XOXO said...

The earthquake dream!

Last night and several nights last week, I've woken up to what I've sworn was my bed shaking. And not just a little bit, but actual moving back and forth, just like in an earthquake (or what I imagine one would be like). The one last night was at about 3am.

This was before the reported earthquake here last week and I think Mark thinks I'm losing my mind, but I swear something fishy is going on!

Anonymous said...

I had a date like that once.

Anonymous said...

Aftershocks are not unusual--I'll bet you guys are feeling them.

Kris Allen's uncle works in my building, so lots of people rallied to vote for him. I'm glad he won, even though I never saw the show.

Awesome about the video driver!!! You da ma'am!

Sorry to hear that your chickens have flown a little farther from the coop, but I'm glad they still visit you. And of course now we ALL know why Josh is so excited, because it can only be one thing. Best wishes to both your kiddos.

And while it's raining & the grass is growing like crazy, you can cut it a bit shorter--just make sure you expect some add'l rain to give it a good drink.

(Jeez, I'm really all up in yer bizness these days--sorry.)

Last but not least, ITunes: I hear horror stories about ITunes & DRM, so hopefully you can get your tunes into a nice, friendly format. Worst case: you can play them back & record the audio using Audacity, choosing the sound card output as the recording source. (Unlike web-cams, I've messed with this stuff a lot--gimme a call if you hit a snag.)

Ciao bella!