Sunday, June 21, 2009

And Forgive Those That Tresspass Against Us

This is what greeted me this morning as I drove into my driveway.It's a giant pile of grass clippings containing St. Augustine grass and two distinct styles of bush leaves. Placed in a very random area. There are no signs of any broken trash bags, like if they had been thrown into my yard and busted open. No... these were directly dumped. I also took pictures of my neighbor's yards with only one yard containing said St. Augustine grass and amazingly the same two distinct styles of bushes. Right across the street from this random location in my yard.


My mom said that it would be silly to dump so close to home. I agree. But I am also sadly tainted by my job and when evidence adds up... well... evidence adds up. Add to that, when another of my neighbor's houses was up for sale/rent, I witnessed the head male of this same household walk across the street and steal their garden lights. I do NOT know if he had permission or not, but it was late at night and I just happened to be sitting on my back porch enjoying the evening when he did it. He dropped one in the middle of the street as he walked back to his house.

I have two theories. One: He's the one that sicked the Code Enforcement guy on me last year and this is his way of expressing his distaste for my lawn. Two: It's father's day and he didn't want trash bags sitting around on this, his favorite day.

Out of all of my neighbors, just by observation alone, this family is the one that I would probably never associate with. Not sure why. Mostly just a feeling.

There was no damage caused by this dumping. In police terminology this is considered a class C misdemeanor w/ no damage. It's the equivalent of getting your house egged, or toilet papered. It's the mentality of someone who would do this that gets to me. I was mad at first. I'm not mad now.

Just in case it was my neighbor, though, I've decided when next I mow, and the time after that, and the time after that and so on and so on... I'm mowing around it. So he can stare at it for a while.

And that list I mentally keep? It grows ever longer.

OH! One more thing. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the evil lawn guy. I'm glad you're able to play past it.

Flapping Cheeks said...

Don't worry.. I'll take care of his house for you...