Saturday, June 6, 2009

Don't Get Me Started

It was a productive weekend for me. I did finally get the yard mowed. Got a lot of my housework done. Had company. Wishing I had another couple of days to... do what? I dunno. Nothing. It's nice to do nothing, but I have found that I am happier when I get stuff done, even if it's the tiniest thing.

I'm tired of the hole in my wall. It doesn't sell cheap, cold beer OR serve me the best darn cheeseburger ever. Still haven't got that fixed, although I may check out some YouTube videos to see if they have any DIY vids about fixing holes in walls and how not to stick one's butt through them and stuff like that. It's not that it bothers me all that much, but it's there... and it's big... even if it is covered up with a big square piece of paper sack brown paper. Mostly, I just want to quit hating where I live. Not that I really hate it here, but I want to like it more. I'll never forget the feeling I would get when I would walk into my newly re-done kitchen at my other house. I just couldn't help but smile. My son loved it so much, that he told me not too long ago that I need to do my kitchen here the same way, in the same colors. Sadly, I don't think I could get away with that color scheme here. This kitchen here is just way too small for such dark colors.

Don't get me started on re-decorating. I could go on for hours! Not that you started me on it in the first place, but still. I think had I not chosen the path I did when I was younger... raising children... I might have been an interior designer. Not that I have an extraordinary talent for such things, just that the thought of decorating a room with someone's else's money sounds like a dream to me.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I totally hear you about doing one tiny thing and feeling accomplished! Also, interior decorating with someone else's money - dream job, baby!