Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I Promise I Tried

Nothing is more daunting than staring at a blank computer screen trying to come up with something either very interesting, or very funny to write about. I don't see how people who get paid to write, do it. I get frustrated after about 5 minutes. Then I'll start a post and I'm all, OMG your life is SO boring why are you EVEN writing about that?

The other night at work I got mad about something and I was going to post about it when I got home but by the time I got home that next morning I really wasn't bothered by it any more. I have written enough rash letters, memorandums and such, that I have learned to just sit back and chill first, then write if I still need to write. Diaries are usually filled with rash and instant emotion, which is a good thing. Diaries make a good place for that... as long as you are one hundred thousand million percent sure no one is going to EVER read it... because someone almost always inevitable does.

Two rules of life that everyone should follow:
1. If you write something about someone down on a piece of paper, unless you destroy it, as in burn the sucker, the probability of that particular person getting their hands on it is much higher than you might think. This goes for email as well but it's even worse with email. Most people don't realize that when they hit the delete button, or in extreme cases even when they format their hard-drive, incriminating evidence is still there. Magnets can get rid of some, but rarely get rid of everything. Again... fire is your friend.

2. If you REALLY don't want someone to know something about you, then you keep your mouth shut. Telling your BFF and making them swear not to tell... it's not reality people! They will tell. They ALWAYS tell.

Okay then. Guess I'm done posting about nothing. Now I'm off to ABC.com to watch me a little Bachelorette action.

No comments: