Thursday, October 4, 2007

The one with...


I have poor man's TV. For those that don't know, this means I don't have cable, satellite or any other device made to enhance my viewing pleasure with a million different channels that I'll never even THINK of watching. And for those who can not even comprehend why I would do such a thing, well... I just don't watch that much TV. Maybe if I made ungodly amounts of money that I could throw out the window for trivial things that I have, and don't really need, I'd sign up. But since my kiddos no longer live with me, there is just really no need for such an expense.

Way back in the day, before my move, I DID have cable and had my favorite shows which included Sex In The City, Six Feet Under, Soproano's, Big Love, and TLC's Trading Spaces. HBO was my favorite out of the 100+ channels that I was blessed with. TLC came in a close second. But then Sex In The City ended... as did Six Feet Under... and it just wasn't the same. So I opted for the 3 or 4 channels that I have now AND I do subscribe to NetFlix which satisfies my movie buff interests. I'm also an avid Friends watcher. I don't care how many times I see a Friends episode, if it's on, I'm watching it. But since WB decided to put cartoons on (Family Guy and The Simpsons I like the Simpsons okay, but don't watch it regularly and Family Guy just bores me) in the place of my Friends (that's right, I did say MY Friends) that I watched every evening, I rarely even turn on the tube any more except to watch the depressing news on occasion, or on my days off from work I'll stay up late enough to watch Friends at 11pm. My other favs have been House (which rocks beyond belief) and the few reality shows I have become addicted to, which include American Idol, Dancing With The Stars and this year's The Bachelor (but only because the guy's from Austin, Texas).

So the new Fall Line-up is here and there are a few other shows which have peaked my interest along with some regulars. House is well on it's way with it's 2nd show come and gone. The Bachelor is nice and cut throat so far, which is always fun to watch. I gave Bionic Woman a try, but I don't think I'm going to be into that one. Dancing With the Stars is always fun. And then last night... the premier of Pushing Daisies. This is going to be a good one folks. Weird and with that dark humor about death and the twist of the guys gift... right up my alley!

Seems my TV watching this year is going to get crowded so I'm off to make a TV watching schedule so I won't miss my favorites. Who needs cable? Not me!

No comments: