Friday, October 5, 2007

To some it's a chore

It's been a summer of me breaking anything and everything mechanical. My riding lawnmower, my car, my vacuum... and with the expense of my daughter's apartment, I've just not had a lot of money to spend on repairs and/or new stuff. Because of this, I've had to use my push-mower, pray every time I get in my car, and go without vacuuming my carpet, which is never good when you have 4 cats.

Today I splurged because, damn it, I just couldn't stand my carpet any more. I have been spending my days hoping no one would decide to pick the last couple of weeks to give me a surprise visit and thankfully, I've only had to say, "sorry about the carpet... the vacuum's broke" to a couple of people. It helped leaving all the lights off in the house so no one could really take a GOOD look at what they were walking on. I wish I were exaggerating even the tiniest bit here. But alas... being at home during the day does nothing to hide the fact that I had to do something, and quick! So I did a little research online, got in my car and off I went.

I brought home no less than a miracle. Granted, my ultimate vacuum cleaner would be called a maid, but since I can't afford that, I opted for a Dirt Devil Reaction Fresh Upright.
All I can say is WOW. The ultimate test will be if it holds up to the cat hair, to my long hair and to this end of summer dust bowl that has enveloped my living room. But for a first time use, it worked most wonderfully, better than I expected, and at this point I would recommended it for an affordable yet hard working vacuum.

Does this blog post sound almost like a commercial? Maybe I should ask for royalties...

No comments: