Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday Blog Lesson

My house sits pretty close to a fairly new church. It's so new, if you go to Google Earth to look up my house, the only thing that's there is a big area that was dug prior to putting the church up. Seems my neighborhood church had some type of "function" yesterday. Not really sure what kind of function, but the parking lot was full and that parking lot is huge and is never full.

The last two days have been moderately windy. With the cooler temps, I've had my windows open to not only enjoy these wonderful mornings, but to let in the nice cooling breeze and air out my stuffy summer closed up house. I have this little stand next to my computer desk and I have my printer sitting on top and my collection of varying styles of computer paper neatly squared off right underneath the printer in a handy little nook. It sits right in front of a window (that up until a few days ago had been painted shut. Don't tell ME it won't open!). When I woke up yesterday afternoon, this is what I found:


AND JUST FOR GOOD MEASURE

Yes, he IS being quite smug here. He seems to get much pleasure from smugness, sneaking around and being naughty. Every time I get home from work, I have to go and close doors and cabinets that he's pried open and on occasion, pick up a knick-knack that has been oh-so-gently knocked from its perch. He THINKS I don't know it's him. And, no, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you... my carpet IS that color.

So anyway... I pull into my driveway early this morning, and it seems as if a good portion of my neighborly church function's trash blew into my yard. Now, I am very well aware that for some odd reason, my yard seems to have some type of special jet stream unto itself because trash seems to blow in, but never blows back out. I know this because I'm lazy. I've waited numerous very windy days before going out and finally picking up the plastic grocery bag that just keeps blowing in circles and NEVER leaves! So I'm walking my yard and picking up trash and my first instinct is to be pissed off at the church and I'm thinking as soon as I get inside, I'm going to write an email to the church emphasizing on WWJD? in a case like this and have it dripping in sarcasm and damnation... and then I realized it's not the church's fault. It's the church PEOPLE'S fault. And see? THIS is why I don't hang around people who go to church! Those CHURCH people! And THEN I remembered how windy it was yesterday... and as I picked up a homemade coloring book (the kind our teachers use to make us by copying off from a real coloring book and then stapling the pages together so its really kind of like a coloring book) and on the pages there were scribbles as if a small child was just starting to learn to color... and then I realized that aside from a few napkins, a few Styrofoam cups, a church bulletin and that homemade coloring book there really wasn't THAT much trash to pick up after all...

No comments: