Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Texas Kitty Speedway

Cats love routine and their internal clocks are very accurate. Here is a summery of what my cats expect on a daily basis and what happens if MY timing is off.
1. Get home from work
2. Walk in and get attacked and tripped and climbed on. Everybody gets a pet when I first walk in. They make sure of it.
3. Refill cat's water and dry food dishes and open can of cat food and hope it is a kind at least one of them will like, while trying not to step on any tails.
4. Put on coffee.
5. Clean cat box.
6. After breakfast, major poop fest in the clean cat box.
7. The races begin. Full tummies and empty bowels equals at least an hour of running as fast as they can, chasing one another, jumping up on EVERYTHING and general misconduct all around.
8. Nap time. For me AND the monsters. This means everyone is on the bed in their designated places. Libby on my chest for extra pets and then between my legs when she's had enough. Spazz on my left side. Jynx under my right arm. Cricket is still trying out different places, but tends to lay on the pillow by my head.
9. At 3:30pm, it is time for me to get up. Doesn't matter that I spent all morning playing on the computer and have only been asleep for 3 hours... I WILL be up by 3:30 or the monsters will make sure you are. I think they all go in the other room and pow-wow about who will do what to get me out of bed. One will come in and poke me until I'm awake. If I don't get up right away, the poking will continue and no amount of covering my head with the blanket helps. If he takes too long, the girls will come in and start jumping into the blinds. A LOT! And if all else fails, they pick the heaviest to come sit on my bladder until I have no choice but to get up.
9. More playtime, but nothing compared to morning playtime.
10. Around 5pm it's time for another can of cat food.
11. General laziness for us all. Some of us will get to take a nap.
12. Shower time and everyone piles into the bathroom to watch me get nekkid. Libby doesn't like me to take showers, I think. She will cry the whole time I am in there. Cricket doesn't like me to wrap my hair in a towel and she puffs up her tail and arches her back when I step from the shower.
13. Libby helps me brush my teeth. There is something about that process that she finds fascinating. She will smell my foamy mouth and reach up and try and take my toothbrush to her mouth. One day I plan on getting a picture of this because it makes me laugh and spew toothpaste foam on my mirror.
14. Getting dressed for work is a chore unto itself. They ALL know I'm about to leave them for the night so I am physically restrained as I try to dress myself.
15. Walking to the back door to leave for work creates a stampede. The door is blocked and if I open the door while they are close, everyone decides it's time to be on the back porch and as I pick one up and put them inside, two more escape and try to hide out there. When I get another one picked up and put inside, the previous one runs out again.
16. Grab laser pointer and get everyone to run inside to the opposite end of the house so I can make my escape.
17. Repeat. Every. Single. Day.

No comments: