Monday, October 22, 2007

Words

Sometimes, no words are even needed when looking at a picture:

Suffice it to say... this is Libby's new thing to do now. Cricket, who is sitting on top of the couch, made a feeble attempt at this stunt and failed miserably. My older kitties are a very bad influence on the kitten.

In other news...

Last night I went to another Sinclaire concert. This time at a place in Arlington called Dreamworks Music Complex. For any who do not know that are reading this, I am a rock star's mommy and very proud of that fact. When my son calls me to ask, "If I buy you a ticket, will you come to my show?", how can a mom refuse that? Granted, he's past that age of being embarrassed by his mom's presence (he's almost 22) and will hug me in public and in front of all of his friends (actually, he's always done that), but I can't help but be extremely flattered that he's always wanted me to go to all of his music events... from middle school, through high school, when he marched in college and even now. There are not enough words in me to tell you how talented this kid is. In middle school when he was first introduced to band (he plays the Euphonium) he was required to practice so many hours a week and I had a parent sign off sheet that was suppose to verify the amount of time he practiced. He and I would spend about 5 minutes a week making up times that he practiced on that sheet and I would sign off on it. Now... you may frown upon that little deceit, but the kid never practiced and he was always first chair (that is the number one spot in each musical section) and was an honor student on top of that. He never NEEDED to practice. Now when he got into high school and then college, it was a bit more challenging, and there were nights that he did practice... some. And again he excelled at music. He is a self taught electric and acoustic guitar player and he practiced a LOT with the guitar and again... excelled. He composes music as well and, you guessed it... excels at that.

I meant to take my camera last night, but I forgot. But here is one of my favorite pictures of him in action:

Granted, the music his band plays is not a genre I prefer, but they are awesome non the less and if it is at all possible, I will always be there in the audience... at a loss for words to describe his talent... and usually all motherly teary eyed... but I never let him see that!

No comments: