Friday, August 22, 2008

Dining Out

Dining out is not conducive to successful healthy eating. Although I make the best choices that I can, it's all the other little extra things that get in the way... like hot fresh bread, Ranch dressing, chips and salsa, or that dessert I just HAD to have.

Tai food was a no go yesterday. The place we were going to go did not open until 5pm and we set out at 3pm. Our second choice, Texas Roadhouse, didn't open until 4pm so we sauntered over to Border's Books and hung out in the cafe with a wonderful glass of iced tea, conversation, and checking out the hot book smart guys.

My choice for dinner was grilled chicken salad, but I had Ranch dressing which pretty much voided out the healthy aspect of choosing a salad. And then there were the rolls... hot, fresh, cinnamon buttered rolls.

Thankfully, my stomach is used to very small meals so it doesn't take me long to fill up and I am good at quitting when I'm full. I try not to see the wastefulness of leaving so much food, so I tell myself what I leave there won't go with me on my hips so it's easier leaving what I do.

I've not exercised since my daughter came to visit. Granted, I'd only just began when we moved her back in, but I've not been back out since she got here. I don't blame her at all. It's been my choice. But I've noticed a laziness about myself since she's been back, which is what got me in trouble in the first place. The hardest part about losing weight is the all consuming "ME" aspect of it. There is no room for anyone else in there and when they are there, "ME" ceases to exist and then it becomes her... or him... or them. Granted, I've not gone wild over here by eating anything and everything within reach... but I've not been diligent like I should be.
There were a LOT more good choices that I made compared to the few bad choices that I felt totally guilty about.

So all in all, when I step on the scale in about 10 days, I've promised myself I'm not going to be upset by what I see. I still feel wonderful, and that, more then losing weight, has been my goal all along.

No comments: