Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy

Today is my father's birthday. Happy birthday!

Yeah... I'm not feeling very Hallmark-y. I guess I'll have to buy him a card.

Saw the funniest thing yesterday. My daughter and I were getting money orders and raiding ATM machines yesterday and we pulled up to her bank's ATM and there on the DRIVE-UP ATM was a sign that read, "For the visionally impaired, push button and wait for instructions".

There are so many things wrong with this on so many levels. First of all... the sign isn't even in Braille. Second of all, I want a video of the blind person who is driving. And third of all, if your buddy who is probably driving you around reads you that sign, why is there a need for audio instructions? Why can't your buddy read you the same thing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeesh, that's scary!

Anonymous said...

its my dogs birthday next week so this was very helpful to the party planning!!! Going on 56!