Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Last One

The last song in the Garden State compilation is up and by a band called Frou Frou. The lead singer, Imogene Heap, has lots of solo stuff out as well, which I prefer to the Frou Frou stuff.

With such a rainy week last week, my lawn is screaming to be mowed. I often wonder about that person who called Code Enforcement on me and if they are looking at my yard as they pass in a disapproving manner. I often times hope so. But even so, I hate driving up and looking at it myself. It doesn't bother me when I'm inside, though.

Tonight is my Friday already. I thought this week would drag by because one of my regular officers is on vacation in Mexico. I've had to work with weird officer combinations and some that I don't work with very often. My nights have been very quiet and I have next week to get through as well. I never realize how much this officer and I actually socialize until he's gone. His wife calls me his work wife. She says it with respect because I know she counts on me to get her love home safe to her every night. I've been doing this for about 15 years now and I've yet to fail at this. I hope that when I retire I can still say it.

No comments: