Friday, August 8, 2008

Just Dump My Body Over There

I didn't mind the hour long drive up there or the hour long drive back. I totally enjoyed the conversation AND the guacamole. We laughed, we talked, we packed. We even made a short drive to dumpster dive for some boxes. I had a really good time up until we had to start moving crap. In fact... I think all three of us girls would feel the same way. And trying to fit a bunch of stuff into economy sized cars is, we all agreed, insane. At one point during the moving part of the move, K and B (B, who is family but not by blood or marriage, and who will be one of K's roommates in about a month)sat down at K's computer and reserved a U-Haul truck for their move back. We were all at a point of not caring how much anything cost at that point. This was from a 1st floor apartment. Their new apartment will be on the 3rd floor. I love my daughter SO much... but I'm going to be conveniently busy on THAT day. Because today when I woke up, it feels like I got hit by the moving truck we didn't have yesterday.

K had a few more things that just wouldn't fit in any of our cars that she'll be moving on her own today. Only one big item (her TV stand), but we got the majority of it moved and that TV stand has wheels and is not too heavy for her. She had to go back last night and finish cleaning and be out of there by 10am this morning. I know how I feel this morning and I'm sure she was up late last night so I can imagine how she will be feeling today.

PJ the cat, I learned yesterday, is quite the evil thing. He likes to play, but doesn't play well with others. He's very bitey and scratchy. I'm permanently scarred from being nice to him. I'm thinking he'll be spending a lot of time locked in his room this visit. He comes today. I can feel the gray hairs growing as I type this.

Now I must go and make nice the guest room (kitty jail) so my daughter will feel at home (so the evil thing can't escape) while she is staying here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

3rd floor is for athletes and youngsters, oh yeah, and crazy people. The good part is when...when...you live somewhere else.

Anonymous said...

I figured you could round up some of your police officer buddies to help you guys out. Don't they all drive full-size pickups?

Next time, tell them that three pretty ladies will be gettin' all hot & sweaty! 8^D

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE