Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I've Been Cheating On You, Internetz...

It's a funny thing... I have a routine that I go through when I'm blogging. I can usually only write at a certain time of day. I like music in the background. Can't have the TV on AT ALL. You would think with 8 hours to spend at work I would blog there, but I just can't, usually. To say my routine has been a bit broken the last week would be calling it spot on. Since I'm sharing my time with my daughter right now, I have given up a lot of my computer time when she is home from work. I don't mind really. I actually haven't missed it that much which surprises me a little. But I've been distracted with my free time, readers, and was totally engrossed in this series of books my daughter introduced me to. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I just finished the fourth novel... since I opened the first one last Tuesday. A week ago. 4 novels.

The series is by an author named Stephanie Meyer and is called The Twilight Series. I believe the audience these books were written for is suppose to be for young adults, but my 40 year old mind was hooked on this story the moment I opened the first book. There is a 5th book being written, but it is more of a bonus book. The series is written in first person and the 5th book is from another's perspective. Wikipedia has a basic rundown on each of the books and each of the characters if you care to take a look-see.

So I'm done now. Until the 5th book appears. For those that were worrying about my absence, thanks but I'm okay. For those that didn't even notice I was gone, thanks for reading today! For any co-workers that stop by, I PROMISE I will get my work done tonight! See? I have no book with me! For my brother who's retirement party that I had forgotten I missed until this morning, sorry bro. 40 years old and all, I kind of have to be reminded of stuff 150 times. Ask my kids... they know the routine. And I am now a member of Borders Book Club.

I would promise not to go away for so long again, but I can't make that promise. Sometimes, I might just have to walk away for a few days, for varying reasons. I wasn't expecting to be gone so long, though. Forgive me?

LIBBY FOUND A FRIEND
LIBBY AFTER NOMS
SPAZZ ASLEEP ON PJ'S TOY
BUNK BEDS
COOLEST THING E V E R!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yay! I'm glad you're back! I hope you feel all rested & relaxed.