Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Clinic Visit

I don't think I'll be back.

I got called about 720pm. I got up there and still waited in the waiting room for about 15 minutes. When I was taken back to a room, I waited another hour before the doctor came in and then he spent a grand total of about 30 seconds with me. While I'm waiting, I'm pacing because I don't like to sit on those examining tables... they put my feet to sleep. While I am pacing, I notice how there is a thick coat of dust on everything. Those cone shaped thingies they use to look in your ears and nose, they had dust on them. After I got a shot I was allowed to wait some more in the waiting area. I'm the only one in the room at the time because it's so freaking late and the place has already closed at 8pm. I then notice the dead bugs along the window sill. A LOT of dead bugs. I don't know if I would have felt better if they were alive. Either way, ewww.

Very dirty place. Very nice staff. The doctor was nice enough, although I would have liked to have not felt like they were just trying to get out of there, which they were and I totally don't blame them, really. For about $200 ($50 co-pay) I interacted with someone for a total of about 3 minutes. The other 2 and a half hours were spent waiting. I don't get the web check-in. I don't see how it helped save any time at all.

My alternatives were to either wait till Monday to see my regular doctor, or go to a hospital. My hospital co-pay is 20% of the bill. I don't know what an emergency room visit costs these days, but I know it ain't cheap. The last time I went to the hospital, my co-pay was $100. If it had been that still, I would have gone that direction since waiting till Monday with half of my face looking like The Godfather and some pretty good pain to go along with it seemed not a good idea.

I got a shot and a prescription for some antibiotics. I didn't have time to fill it before work so now I'm waiting for the pharmacy to open so I can start taking the yummy medicine which will give me diarrhea and make me feel gross but will hopefully make my face behave.

No comments: