Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rain

The weatherman promised me the last few days were going to be rainy days. They haven't been. They've been really pretty days and it's so hard to be sick on days that are so pretty. This morning he said we should have rain by 4am here. There is nothing around, although it is only around 2am now.

I have some definite improvements this morning on the face thing. The swelling has gone down a little and when I went to bed last night... well... a few hours ago... as I was lying up in bed... because lying down in bed hurts... I swear I felt like I could feel my sinuses kicking in. The accompanying drainage down the back of my throat confirmed that something was going on. This morning, my face is no longer hot to the touch and I have no fever upon waking. I just took the next to last pain pill in my possession. In six hours I will need to make the decision if I'm going back to the doctor and with this whole swine flu thing going on, getting in is going to be iffy. The last place I really want to be right now is a place full of sick people. But pain will make you do pretty much anything to get rid of it and I'm not sure my Aleeve is going to do the job when it comes down to it.

5 and a half hours to decide...

No comments: