Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Dreaded Catbox

The number one thing you don't want to do when you have a sinus infection is... bend over. When things fall on the floor, you either pick it up with your toes, or it stays there until you are better. Cleaning of the catbox, or in my case, catboxes... or is it catboxen? Either way, the whole process was bad when I tried to do it the first time, but I think it was worse just now after letting it go for the last three days. Geez... 4 cats sure do poop a lot. I have 3 boxes. Two in the back bedroom and one on the back porch (for those times when bird watching distracts them until it's almost too late). So now the furry butts are all happy again. They were all walking around screaming at me and I didn't understand why until Cricket took me back to the back and showed me. Ugh. I wish someone would invent a REAL automatic cat box cleaner... not those that fail miserably. Of course the ultimate would be to have them going in the toilet, and I've no doubt the girls and probably Jynxy would be into that. But poor Spazz is a bit clumsy and I would have to make a special platform for him and that would take a dedicated bathroom... but if I had an extra bathroom, you can be sure I'd be experimenting.

1 comment:

gatofish said...

I've heard the Cat Genie is awesome, but it's a lot of $$. Plus, I can't help wonder how much of those spiffy granules the kitties kick out.

I know your aggravation. We have 3 cats and 2 boxes. Ack!