Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Fat Ass Is Killing The Planet

According to an article published yesterday in the International Journal of Epidemiology, Carbon emissions are being fueled by high rates of obesity. Their "scientific" study suggests that because obese people eat more than someone who isn't obese, it causes more food to be produced/manufactured/processed which in turn is causing carbon emissions to increase, which is killing the all mysterious ozone layer.

Okay... because I know my mom on occasion stops by here, I'm going to do my best not to let my mouth get me in trouble with the bad words that are floating around in my head right now. Plus, the urge to write a 50 page essay on why these scientists need to be kicked in the man berries is tempting but I will do my best to keep this as short as possible.

What a lot of people don't realize when they see, for example ME and my fat ass, is that I am obese not because I over-eat, but because I don't eat enough to keep my metabolism high enough to burn what I do shove in my face and I fight a sedentary lifestyle every single day. I can promise you, the skinny people out there eat MUCH more than I could even imagine. Now, I'm not defending those that are obese and DO overeat, because there are many out there. But someone who calls them self a scientist should be a little more thorough in their studies before coming out with an article that lumps all fat people into a planet killing herd.

I won't go into food choices, FDA approved processed foods killing people, the prescription medications that are handed out like candy and things like that, because doing so depresses me and makes me sad for the way our government has led us all on the wrong path in so many ways over so very many years and frankly, it would probably bore you to death and geez my fat ass is already killing you, I don't want my words to do the same.

Suffice it to say, reader... you just can't believe everything that is published, whether it be in the Whatever Journal Of Medicine or The National Enquirer.

Think I'll go fry up a pound of bacon and a few dozen hamburgers now because, hell... that's what fat people are supposed to do, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone knows that food producers have a daily blog that they check to know how much food to grow. That way if you eat less they grow less. That and I have some ocean front property in Kansas I would like you to take a look at.