Friday, April 17, 2009

HAZMAT Kind Of Day

I got this package from the mailman yesterday.When I asked him what I was supposed to do with the crate, he said, "I dunno." When I asked him if I was supposed to put it out to be picked up or take it to the post office, he said, "I dunno." So now I have a new cat toy.It contained a very small free sample of some kind of moisturizer that had busted open. And that is how it was delivered. It was addressed to me or current resident. It definitely was a shake my head moment when I carefully lifted the "lid" (a piece of cardboard shoved into the top) waiting for some type of HAZMAT disaster to happen because I was just too curious NOT to open it.In other news... my red lilies have bloomed and they are gorgeous.And we have some bad storms coming through so I will be shutting everything down now and that wasn't even my correct zip code on the bio hazard box.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good god, those postal workers are jumpy these days! I hope you didn't disgruntle him--gotta keep those guys gruntled.

Seriously, that "hazmat" label woulda freaked me out a little bit. Among other things, I would have wondered how the post office knew to deliver it to me (I'm known as HazMatt in some circles).

Lilies look pretty!

Anonymous said...

...and when the hell did Nirvana start sounding like Dave Matthews, Ray LaMontagne, and every other husky-voiced poser out there? I never missed Kurt Cobain more.

Sorry sweetie, I guess I'm all full of piss & vinegar today. I'm harshin' the vibe of your otherwise nice, happy blog. Friggin' Fridays move sooo slow...