Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Facial Update

I'm an hour into my pain medication. I think last time I wrote while on this stuff I had pneumonia or some type of cough thing where I was taking a codeine cough suppressant.

I'm sleeping about 2 to 3 hours at a time. I'm taking a pain pill every 6 hours. I want to take one every 3 hours, but I quickly found out that it makes me sick to do that, so I don't. I wait it out. I'm taking a horse sized antibiotic every 12 hours. So far, I've only ingested 4 of these things. I've seen no results and am still in as much pain. When I woke up this morning... this last time which was about 9am, it appears as if my Ethnoid sinus is now being affected. I'm giving this stuff till tomorrow morning to show some sign of improvement and if there is none by 9am Wednesday, I'm calling my real doctor, as opposed to another dirty clinic. I'm worried about what the infection is doing to the tissue that I can't see. It already looks as if I've had a good bout with a dentist, and I'd prefer that my face does not stay this way because of nerve damage or anything. That's not anything I've read, though. Just my morbid imagination running wild on pain meds and not a lot of sleep.

I still have no drainage. At least none that's coming out. My nose is not stuffy. I can breathe just fine. I'm not sneezing. I don't have itchy or watery eyes. None of the normal symptoms that one has with sinus anything. I've even tried blowing the crap out of my nose. Nothing comes out, but it builds up some nice pressure, so I only did that once. I finally invested 8 dollars and bought me a hot water bottle. The warm feels good, but any amount of touching my face hurts, so that's not been as pleasant as I thought it would be. A warm wash cloth seems to work best, but it doesn't stay warm for very long.

Had a friend of mine come over unexpectedly yesterday. He came to check on my well being after I sent him a pathetic email telling him how sick I was. I had just dozed off when I felt my cats move suddenly and when I opened my eyes, I saw they were watching something on the front porch. I sat up in bed and saw movement and when I looked out my window, from the perspective of my bed, what I saw was some big man lean over and look in my window (my bedroom window over looks my front porch area) and then he just kind of stood there. The wind was blowing and nature can be kind of loud that time of morning and I spoke up and said "Can I help you?" My window was open and I figured the big scary man could hear me and when he just stood there, I got scared and called 911. As I was trying to spit out my address to the 911 operator, I was making my way to my back door because it was the opposite of the front door where I assumed the guy was still hanging out. When I got to my back door I saw the car in my drive and recognized it instantly and then had to apologize to the 911 guy for being one of those idiot callers I'm always talking about at work.

My friend had come over and when he found the back door to be locked (which usually signals me being asleep) he had come around to the front porch and was enjoying the breeze on the front porch as he debated on whether to ring the door bell and chance waking me up. He had leaned down to peer through my window to see if he could see me sleeping, but he couldn't even see me sitting up in bed and never heard me say anything. I have that flower bed that sits underneath my bedroom window that overlooks the front porch and unless you climb into that thing, the window sits so low you can't really see in. But he did hear Libby talking to him. I have some pretty cool watch cats. They will always let me know when someone is around. They may not bark, but they let me know.

Any way... if anyone I know decides to come visit me, you might want to call first.

No comments: