Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Been working a lot the last week or so and have been pretty busy while I've been there. Yesterday I spent over 13 hours there and that's not counting the hour and a half commute time. Upper management decided to pull the girl I was training from my shift a day early, so things were back to normal for me last night. Waiting for word on that one to see if she will continue her employment with us. I was surprised how quickly the time went with her. But then again, we were unusually busy and that always makes the time go by quicker. Unlike the nights where I kick back in my chair with my feet propped up, staring at the ceiling tiles and listen to the clock on the wall behind my head tick... tick... ticking away the seconds.

In between sleep and working I discovered the series JERECHO. I have a three word acronym with an exclamation point for that show. OMG! It flows like the series LOST but JERECHO doesn't mess with your head like LOST does, although there are as many twists and turns and subplots. I unwillingly set myself up for this show by recently watching a bunch of documentaries about what the government allows in our food and water, and what genetically altered food and processed food is doing to everyone and theories on the Trade Center bombings and several others along that same thread. And then I found JERECHO. Anyone who has seen this show knows what I mean here. I didn't have a clue what the show was about and I didn't stop to read anything about it before I pushed play. So... yeah. I just started the second series. Netflix is my friend.

For $18 a month, Netflix has gone beyond paying for itself. It's better than any cable or satellite service I have ever had. Since you don't have to wait a year for a movie to come out on DVD any more, it's worth it. I probably use the instant play more than I use the DVD rentals. If you have a decent internet connection and you are trying to save some bucks, $18 a month is a LOT cheaper than your average cable bill. Unless you're all into sports. I'm not, so muah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I been preaching the same sermon. Problem is..."What about the game Man! You do realize that right now out there somewhere there is a ball of some shape that is being used to prove that one guy or group of men is more powerful, more agile, more physically adapt than the other puny pathetic bunch of losers that should have just stayed home or taken up needlepoint!!! Sure the Playoffs and Championships are on free channels but what about all the games they play to see who gets there? Huh? What about those? Someone is playing with a ball and in this day and age of technical achievement you expect me to sit idle and not see in full screen slow motion HDTV every stinking second with DVR capabilities? I think not sir, I think not!"

$160 for internet and TV is ridiculous. Especially when over $100 is the TV. I say put the monthly savings into a big screen/sound system fund or stock the fridge or even better buy everything with Al Schneider's name on it.