Sunday, June 22, 2008

Can I Call In Sick?

I have a big gaping hole in my back tire. It happened on the way home from work this morning. Luckily, before I got on the highway, yet not so luckily because driving on the highway at a top speed of 50mph tends to make for angry drivers and I was a long way from home. It being Sunday, though, traffic was extremely light and I had no problems. Plus, it's a nice feeling to know I can change my own tire when the need arises. The last three times I've had to, I've been able to be back on the road in under 15 minutes.

Now finding a place to get a new tire installed on a Sunday is another story. It will have to wait till Monday. So I'll be calling in sick because my car is sick. I'm hoping our new part time guy is ready to be thrown in the lake to learn how to swim. But only with the promise of my phone number for him to call if the need arises. He's a sharp kid... I really think he'll be fine.

CRICKET WANTING INSIDE

MINI ME TIRE

COOL VINE THING... THAT'S MY BATHROOM WINDOW IN THERE.

SWEET FRAGRANT MIMOSA

MORNING GLORY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey LaLa,

Sucks about the flat! :( You can limp around on the spare for a few days as long as it has plenty of air in it. (People forget to check them.) Anyway, way to change that tire, girlfriend! You rock!

Jerrine Absher said...

The mimosa tree next door smells really good. Our morning glories get a late start over here. My bedroom window is becoming overtaken by the crawling I-dunno-what-they-are-but have-sweet-flowers growing around it.