Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Smart

Found that reading level thing over there on the right on another blog. I have no idea how it decides on what level a blog is, but after testing mine and all the other blogs I read, I learned something interesting. The blogs I enjoy the most are the ones that are at an elementary reading level. And they are also the more successful ones. But does that mean I need to dumb it down if I want more readers? Use less big words? I thought I was pretty much being an idiot all along, when in reality, I was just being a college idiot.

My flea powder is scheduled to arrive today. Me and the kitties are very excited. They are miserable. I am miserable for them. I tried the light and the water trick someone described. After about 2 and half hours I had succeeded in capturing about 10 of the little buggers in a bowl. But I was too nervous to leave the light that I was using on while I was away from the house at work. I had visions of the thing getting too hot and catching on fire and I kinda want to live here for at least a little longer. I'll let you know how the powdering festival works.

We had some sudden storms pop up yesterday evening. We got some pretty heavy rain along with some amazing wind. Normally, the flower garden on my porch rarely gets any rain water because it sits up under the overhang of the roof. Last night, though, the wind was coming from a weird angle and now I don't have to water today. I watched my northern neighbors set out sprinklers yesterday before the storm. His yard was nice and watered and he had just turned them off when the storm developed. When it rains heavy, that yard becomes a lake. And it did. And I wondered if he was mad because he had wasted about two hours worth of water on his yard that he didn't need to waste. I thought about going over there and thanking him for watering his yard, because surely it would not have rained if he had not done that. We use to thank my Dad for rain because it would always rain the same day he washed his car. Kind of like every time he washes their motor home, it hails. I wonder if he washed his car yesterday? Should I also mention that the window on my car was cracked about 3/4 inch? When the rain died down enough to where I wasn't going to be soaked in the time it would take me to roll it up, the inside of my drivers side car seat was already soaked.

1 comment:

Jerrine Absher said...

Dave got the rain in the truck treatment too. :-)