Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mooovie

Last night the electricity kept going off. I could hear transformers blowing and see the bright greenish flash through my windows. I went outside after one blow-out because I heard sirens. I know when those things blow they shoot sparks out everywhere and this area is under an extreme fire hazard right now. The wind was blowing at a steady 40mph with gusts up to 50mph. As I was standing on my front porch, I heard the sirens getting closer and closer and then saw a couple of firetrucks in the church parking lot across the street from me. They spotlighted a field next to the church and I saw the familiar glow of flames and smoke. The wind was blowing in my direction so I quickly made a mental note on how I would evacuate me and the kitties if it came down to it. But I didn't have to. They got the fire out pretty quick. From about 8pm till the last blow-out at around midnight the electricity went out about 5 times. My clock wasn't flashing when I got up this morning, so I guess it finally settled down. Up until this evening. I'm writing as fast as I can right now because so far, I've heard two transformers blow in the last hour with loss of power here yet again. The wind is still blowing, but not as hard as yesterday and it's suppose to calm down quite a bit by 9pm tonight. And it's hot. Oh, my, is it HOT! Opening the front door with the wind whipping in at 30 to 40 mph is like opening an oven door. My electric bill will be nothing to brag about this month.

Went on a date this afternoon. My date arrived with a pretty bouquet of lilies which are beautiful! Went to the movies and saw Sex And The City. Afterwards we went to the store where I purchased some food and then we came home and played with the kitties, had lunch, and then my date left to go home. Had a most wonderful time.

***lost power again... typing REALLY fast now***

My date was my daughter, by the way. I'm closing this now and turning off the computer for good this evening. Or at least until the wind dies down. Just got back from inside and the wind is still very strong.

***Update***
Had to call 911 because there was another grass fire over by the church in the same field. Lots of smoke, but the FD got there quick and it didn't get out of control. Shortly after the firetrucks left, I saw the electric people over in that area and it is now almost 11pm and I haven't had any power loss since. Hopefully they found the problem because they extended the wind advisory until 4am.

Here's my pretty flowers I got from my pretty daughter:

No comments: