Friday, June 20, 2008

Just Today

I had a wonderful night last night... complete with some Southlake Town Center cruising, a movie at the Harkin's Theater (which I had never even heard of) and an Italian restaurant called Campanias. Them Southlake people know how to live! And, of course, the company weren't so bad either. We saw Kung Fu Panda. It was pretty good. Amazing how they can make pandas and other assorted animals come to life on screen.

I didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning and I'm wiped out today. I am really in need of catching up on the housework and although I'm getting it done, little by little, I'm finding myself without a lot of energy to keep on going. But I will persevere... even if it kills me! I read somewhere one time that a clean house is a sign of an empty life. All I can say to that is that my life must be WAY too full.

All in all, even though I have to go back to work tonight, it was a very good weekend for me. As I was driving home this morning around 130am I had my window down. I took a back way home and listened to all the frogs and other insect type things that make a lot of noise at night. In the sky all the way home was a beautiful display of lightening. It was peaceful. And the peaceful feeling has carried over to today.

Good news at work! They hired a part time dispatcher which means I can take a guilt-free vacation. I'm feeling one coming on. Soon. He's a very young and very enthusiastic guy who's bright, funny, nice on the eyes and all the dispatchers think he's cute as a button. I truly believe he's going to be a great addition to our work family. He fits well, and that makes a BIG difference then just hiring anybody.

I have new neighbors! My neighbors to the north of me moved in a few months ago. They are another young couple. I think he's some kind of landscape guy. Not really sure what she does. And as of yesterday, I have new neighbors to my south as well. Can't really tell much about them since the house sits so far off of the road, but there's been a lot of moving trucks and things in and out, new cars in and out and the for sale sign that has been in the yard for so long is now gone. I'm going to miss watching the fast lawnmower guy. Curious to see how they will mow their lawn. Probably hire out.

I'm off to be constructive now... at least I'm going to try.

2 comments:

Jerrine Absher said...

Fast lawn mover guy mows like he is deathly allergic to the sun. Cops can't radar while he is mowing as he reaches speeds above the street limit of 30MPH. Seriously, this guy needs to enter competition somewhere.

Anonymous said...

i didn't realize you worked on this daily, so now i will visit daily..

donna