Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finally!

It's here! It works! It was incredibly easy!

A friend of mine, Ms. Cassy (waving), sent me a link to watch a puppy cam. I was naturally jealous of the working puppy cam. It was streamed through a site called Ustream.TV. I looked into the site, which is free, and the light went on in my head and here we are. I ended up buying yet another camera. Just a simple Logitech QuickCam plugged into my USB port. Total time spent installing the camera software and registering with Ustream.TV and getting set up over there was maybe 10 minutes. Sigh...

It's not the best quality and for some reason the sound is not working. I can look into that later. It's 8:15pm December 4th and what is showing at this point is a tree with lights on it only and not enough lights at that. No decorations right now. I'm getting to it, though. If you happen on here later you may see me working on it. The streaks you see ever so often are the cats. The blue light up in the valance I just put in today. This may stay up after Christmas because it looks most awesome. The cat tower is on your right and my TV is over there on the left. All this stuff is in front of the living room windows. I just recently moved stuff around and I will be posting before and after pics when I'm done decorating for the holidays.

I will be looking to see if there is such a thing as a USB extension cord... thingy. The camera is now located just above my monitor. There are several hang outs that the cats have, other than the cat tower and I think different angles would be fun. I will do my best to keep this online as much as possible. For the times that it goes offline, I am truly sorry.

Please leave me some feedback if you have any ideas on what you might like to see. The most active times for the kitties is early morning around 7am-ish. That's when it starts, at least. This goes on for a good hour or two. Also in the evening around 5pm. You never know what you'll see so check back often!

Still can't believe it works. Thank you Cassy!

2 comments:

XOXO said...

YAY!

I'm so glad it works and that I could help get it going. I've had the puppy cam link for a couple of weeks now. I wish I would have put two-and-two together and realized that the site might have worked for your kitty cam! Better late than never though, I guess! :-)

I'm very excited that I now get to spy on your kitties! Earlier, one looked like one was causing mischief around the Christmas tree!

Your kitties are going to be famous!

Anonymous said...

Actually working! WooHOO!!
I got an idea.
Kitty nativity scene.