Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Think I'm Funny And That's All That Matters

I realize my sense of humor may not jive with a lot of other people's sense of humor. I do try and be objective and think of you, reader, before putting up a picture or video I have found to be quite hilarious. The people I know IRL (in real life) that read my blog get me... or at least they tell me they do. Most of my friends tend to have the same sick humor as I, which is usually a sure sign of a mental problem. But I'm okay with that... and them.

Some of my humor comes from my family. Growing up, I remember word games that would start accidentally and get WAY too out of hand where we were groaning by the end of the game. Trying to explain this game we would play in this post would not do it justice so I'm not even going to try. Suffice it to say, this was a common enough experience for me to remember it, and that says a lot. My grandmother, who will be 105 in January, will tell you a new joke every time you see her. Humor runs in the blood.

A lot of my humor also comes from my job. It tends to run on the really sick side and I usually save that stuff for work... unless I'm talking to my Dad or oldest brother... both of which were/are in the same line of work as me and understand the dark humor that is born of really bad situations.

Anywho... just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that when I post stuff like this:

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRzTfgds0UI
...it's because I think it is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen... at the moment.

Sometimes, though... I'll post something I have found because I know certain people that read my blog with think it's the most hilarious thing they have seen, like this:

My Dad and I once had a good laugh at each others driver's license photos. I look all strung out and high and my dad's looks as if he's about to jump out of the picture and kick some ass, which is not him at all. So next time he gets on here and sees that picture, he will get a very good laugh.

All in all, my blog is just that... MY blog. I could just as easily entertain myself without posting pictures and videos... but I do because when I laugh, I think the whole world should laugh with me... or at me, whatever the case may be.

Hamster on a piano... eating popcorn? Funny stuff internetz... funny stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did we ever entertain ourselves before the internet? Oh yeah--we had lives. But nevertheless, check out the "Dramatic Look" video...