Monday, December 15, 2008

My Favorite Season

...is no longer Winter. I've gotten too old. The cold hurts where once it didn't. When there is wind involved, I do my best to hide and keep inside. 30 degrees with no wind is tolerable. In fact, 20 degrees with no wind is tolerable. Maybe it's just the wind I hate, but any other time of the year I kind of like the wind.

My new favorite season is Fall... or Spring. I like Spring a lot. There's just never enough Fall or Spring around here. It's either really freaking hot, or really freaking cold. Some days, like yesterday, it was both. Less than 12 hours ago it was almost 80 degrees. Now it's 26. With the wind it feels like 17.

My first day back at work went well. Nothing major happened and only one call. My voice is wanting to go away, but I don't think I'll end up losing it completely.

10 days till Christmas. 6 days till Yule / Winter Solstice. 6 days till the start of Chanukiah. 11 days till the start of Kwanzaa. 15 days left of being 40 for me.

Stay warm dear reader.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head, it's the wind. Everyday, almost all the time, wind wind wind. Wind chill is 17 right now. The yo yo temp is great for health too. Keeps your immune system on its toes. Keep your ears covered and you will do fine.