Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rescued Treasure

A friend of mine and I ventured into the depths of my garage Friday afternoon. We had gone in search of an item and in the process of digging through masses of crap, I discovered a box containing my photo albums. Since I had someone with strong man arms with me, I requested the box be incorporated into the main residence. You see... the floor of my garage is sand and gravel and the moisture control is non-existent in there. They needed to come in before they got ruined. When the someone with strong man arms picked up the box, everything in said box fell through the mold encrusted bottom. I was crushed.

We brought the albums in and I assessed the damage. The pictures in the albums are fine. The covers of the albums are shot and I'll need to replace those, but the pages and pictures inside are fine. My daughter's senior pictures were not so lucky. They are not complete ruined and I think if I would have waited any longer it would have been a total loss.

I scanned them into my computer yesterday and because she is so beautiful, I feel I must share them with you. It was the fist time using my scanner and there is a blue line that runs down them that I'm not real happy about. The one or two that don't have a line are those that I've retouched so far. I will eventually go in and try and repair the mold damage that showed up in the scans. It's tedious, though, and is going to take some time. Plus the quality of the scans are not what I would like.

My beautiful daughter who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside:











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first pict with the pose and the surrounding imperfections actually looks like something found from ages ago.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish I looked that good when I was a teenager.

Unfortunately, the only problem your daughter has is that she won't be able to cringe when she looks back at these pics in the future. :)

Anonymous said...

You're right mom.. I DO look beautiful!!

- Your daughter,
Josh