Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I loath grocery shopping. My refrigerator shows it. But I have a couple of things I am going to make and take to my parent's house for Thanksgiving and seeing as how I don't keep marshmallows and a can of pumpkin on hand for every day use, I had to go buy some.

My first destination was Wal-Mart. Love the prices, hate the store. To me, it is just too big. It overwhelms me to the point that I avoid it like a visit to the gynecologist. Neither of which, I should avoid. I ended up at Target because there is always less people and the store is smaller and I just like the atmosphere better. You pay just a little more, but in the end, the trip ended up not being bad at all, I got everything I needed without having to search rows and rows and endless rows like I would have at Wal-Mart. Target is my most favorite store, EVER!

The cold front moved in within the last hour. Winds from the North gusting to 20 mph with an overcast sky. Three rain drops hit my windshield and from the looks of the radar, no more rain in sight. I love cold and rainy days the best. I really was wanting it to rain.

My lazy neighbors have their Christmas lights up already. He's been working on them for the past three days. I have to say, for all their laziness, their yard always looks nice and the lights he put up are really pretty and well done. I should think nicer things about them.

I wish everyone who reads this a very happy day tomorrow. Think of things to be thankful for and then share your thoughts with someone to see what they are thankful for as well.

This next picture I must preface with an explanation. I've sent you three different pictures that have as their subject my cats sitting atop doors. What I've witnessed, is them jumping onto a screen door, then climbing their way up to the top of the open door. Every person who has seen these photos has asked me... how do they get up there? I give them the screen door explanation. I'm writing this blog just now and I hear a bunch of noise coming from the kitchen area. Some day, when I hear strange noises, I'm going to learn to just go ahead and grab the camera beforehand because I have always needed it when the noises start. Needless to say, I failed to grab my camera this time as well and as I rounded the corner to see what was up, I thought my head was going to es-plode from what I saw. This is a picture of my back door. There is no screen on this door. It is wood... and glass. On the BACK of the door, there is a metal grating. The noises I heard sounded like nails on a chalkboard. After listening to it for a little bit, I finally had to investigate. This is what I saw:


Who needs to struggle with blog content when you have cats?

No comments: