Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's buuuuurning....

Today will be a 12 hour work day for me. Blah! I need the extra money SO bad right now, I have no room to complain at all... but 12 hours...

Yesterday morning I woke up in the midst of a dream. I dreamed that I was taking out one of my contacts and along with it, some pieces of my eye ball. This was disturbing enough to wake me. Upon awakening, I had this stabbing pain in my left eye. Makes me wonder if I was poking myself in the eye while I slept. I dunno. Anyway... I am a contact lens wearer. I sleep in them, I shower in them, I rarely ever take them out of my eyes. And I never have any problems with them. I've never had an eye infection. This pain that I woke up with, worried me enough to take out my contacts and resort to a pair of glasses that are all but brand new. I might have worn them twice before. I hate them. I like the way they look on me, but I can't stand the way they feel on my face. I cant' stand the fact my vision is limited to the lenses sitting on my face, lacking ALL of my peripheral vision. And waking up and everything being blurry... it freaks me out. I'm use to having my contacts in while I sleep so when I wake up, everything is clear as a bell. I've never considered lasik (sp?) surgery before. I've seen it done on TV and I'm sorry... it's just too new and too risky for me. Not enough people have had it done for a long enough time, that someone can't say you won't be blind 10 years after getting this surgery done. I'm sure they are doing studies as we speak... I just want to wait until I see a few of those before chancing it.

So... I went all day yesterday and all night at work and I wore my glasses. I bumped into things, I tripped up some stairs, I kept losing stuff below my lens' vision point. Within seconds of arriving home this morning, I had my contacts back in. No pain. And I can SEE! I can SEE!

Now I'm off to bed to try and sleep a few hours before I have to go back into work and work 12 hours. Pooninny.

No comments: