Friday, November 9, 2007

To A Friend

Dearest J. I met you when I was 16 years old. Through thick and thin, you have stood by me from the moment we met, all through the years, to the present. We have been boyfriend and girlfriend, lovers, running buddies, room-mates and always friends. I can think of no one else who knows me better than you. You and I... we have a 23 year history... and no one can ever take that away from us.

I'm sorry I could never give you a family life that you so aptly deserved. I'm sorry that I could not love you the way you wanted me to. I'm sorry my mentality is such that we can't even live together. I'm sorry my mom hated you so. I'm sorry I could never make her understand otherwise. I'm sorry you rarely approve of the people I work with. I'm sorry we are different in so many ways. I'm sorry for every lie I ever told you. I'm sorry for every moment I made your heart ache. I'm sorry for all of those times I woke up and left when all you wanted me to do was stay.

Thank you for always understanding me, and when you didn't making me believe that you did. Thank you for sticking around. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for not holding where I work against me. Thank you for always wanting to hold my hand. Thank you for always thinking I am pretty, and telling me so. Thank you for not running away when you found out I was 16, even though through the years you have wished that you had. Thank you for always respecting my wishes, even when you shouldn't have. Thank you for living with me and helping me through one of the hardest times in my life. Thank you for sharing your life with me. Thank you for letting me help you when I could. Thank you for letting me be one of two hearts.

Thank you, J... for being you.

No comments: