Friday, November 2, 2007

Re-Thinking

Today will mark my third day of "vacation". I've accomplished nothing I had planned to do. But today I am going to make myself finally rearrange my living area. As I sat around on my duff last night, and the two previous nights, I was going over in my mind on how I want to do this, and where I want to put what. I finally have a pretty good idea how it will all work out and how much I'm going to love what I do. Then a strange thought occurred to me... when is the right time to make your kid's bedroom into a den?

Here are the facts:

When she's home and she actually decides to spend the night, she's in bed with me.

She has a nice apartment that she's living in (that I'm paying for) and unlike a dorm, she won't be packing up at the end of May and moving all her stuff back.

She has actually starting using the word "home" when talking of her place.

She hasn't slept in the bed in there since right before Christmas of last year. Granted, that had a lot to do with a boy that broke her heart, but a fact is a fact.

Who says I can't embrace my empty nest syndrome and use that as an excuse in case any feelings are hurt?

I think I might have a project on my hands. When considering where to put the computer desk and my little art center, it has always figured in with the living room since that is where I do all of my work. I've always had to with the kids at home. But now... NOW, I could use that extra bedroom to put both areas and leave my living room open and spacious... and won't it look WEIRD not having all of my stuff out and about? Hmmmm.... must re-think today's rearrange...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say, the time is now! But you might want to ask Kryston first, just as a courtesy/comfort thing.

One other thing you might consider: making it a dedicated craft room. If you leave all of your noisy/distracting stuff in the living room, you can make the other room a quiet place.