Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Every Girl's Wish

So about my whole weight loss journey... yeah... I've been very disappointed on how I've been doing. Didn't give a November update because I was just so put out on how my numbers looked. I feel as if I've been doing the same things I was doing in the beginning, but I was gaining again. A week and half into November, I had put back on almost everything I had taken off. I did not understand what I was doing wrong. I had even been using my nifty new treadmill. But to no avail. The weirdest part of all? My clothes were still as baggy and saggy as ever. I couldn't figure out where the weight WAS. I wondered if I was gaining in other places. I have been pretty bummed about it.

I had a friend come over last night. It's tradition that when he comes over, he steps on my scale. He came out of the weigh room and laughed and said my scale was so wrong. I laughed thinking he was making the typical fat person joke. My friend is in very good shape and we were able to figure out the scale was off about 40 pounds. So when I aquire a new scale, I will commence with the updates. I am feeling much better about things.

Here are some early morning pictures for you, and yes, I did miss posting yesterday and the only excuse I have is that I just plain forgot. Oh well... maybe next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember to trust the mirror and your own body more than the scale. Often people start exercising and gain muscle before losing weight. The scale will tell them no progress has been made, but all the other evidence (the mirror, energy level, general sense of well-being) will let them know that they are on track.

Don't get your dauber down! (Do girls have daubers?)