Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Might Be Getting Days Off

I started out this post by writing about stupid people that call me at work and inconsiderate people on the roads and realized quickly that this would quickly turn into a gripe post. I didn't want to do that so I utilized my delete button. Now, of course, I have nothing to write about.
***
My dead stink is gone!
***
I just got up and let Libby in from the back porch. It's mighty cold for these old bones so I'm not leaving the back door open for them to come and go as they please. I just took off my shoes and socks and I'm barefoot with no slippers around me. My feet hit the kitchen linoleum and I can only imagine what it feels like to bare kitty feet. Since I moved in here, I've wondered on occasion how the wood floors look under the ugly and really bad colored carpet. The kitties tell me they like the carpet just fine... that wood floors are cold and have no traction just like linoleum. Plus, can you imagine the work involved in tearing up carpet and restoring wood floors? Sorry... WAY beyond my lazy factor.
***
I've gotten to a point at work where I need a vacation again. About every other month or so I start to feel antsy. I can take a couple days off and I'm fine for another month and a half. So I put in for it. They ask us not to take off between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I like this rule because I think its a bit inconsiderate to make others work for you when so many of us are scrambling with the holiday shopping, kids being on vacation and specific plans for taking care of them have to be met. So I put in for a Monday and Tuesday of next week... a few days before Thanksgiving and I also put in for December 30th (my special day).

I also abide by another rule. Since where I work is NEVER closed and someone ALWAYS has to be there, we don't get any holidays off unless they fall on our regular days off. If I'm scheduled to work during Christmas or any other holiday, I'm there. If I'm not scheduled, I'm the last person you need to call because I will NOT be there. I think it works out to about every three years at least one of my days off will fall on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. There was only one time that I ever called in and that was in the early 90's and I was deathly ill. This year is special, though. This year I have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve off. This only happens about every 5 years. Since I always have Thursdays off, I'm always off for Thanksgiving.
***

Happy Sunday. Peace and love and all that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, you get New Years Day as well.