Saturday, November 8, 2008

What Do You Mean We Have A New President?

So I've had a lot of stuff on my mind lately. Lots of questions from my friends and readers about my friend who passed away. Unsure if I want to share with the world the gritty details of her death. I'll decide at a later date.

Someone told me we have a new president. I'm just glad I don't have to hear all the political crap, mud slinging and finger pointing any more. Sure, it's an exciting day in the land of the "free" when we can say we have a black president, but has anyone bothered to note that he is as much white as he is black? And except from a history standpoint, who cares what color he is. Lets just hope he does a good job. It would have been just as exciting to have a female as president, or vice president. I think either way you voted this year, you were voting for change.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/209729/
It's past the time for my monthly update on the weight loss. There's a reason for that. I just can't face the scale this month. But never fear. I got a treadmill delivered to my house yesterday. My goals are still very much on my mind.

I've also made the decision to paint my living room. I figured I'm going to at least be here for the next two years, I might as well enjoy the view. Right now I sit and stare at the cracks and ugly white nothingness and it drives me crazy. After that, I'm doing the kitchen. I have an idea about the color in the living room, I know for sure I want the kitchen an interesting yellow color. The dingy white has to go regardless.

I piled all the cat beds on the coffee table and Libby found them and slept in them ALL DAY LONG. I poked her once to make sure she was still breathing. She was.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should have put a pea under the bottom one and find out if she really is a princess, actually.

Anonymous said...

As your resident health nazi, I must admit I've really slipped this month as well. But congrats on getting a treadmill--I hope you enjoy it! =D