Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just A Saturday

Because I often put off shopping till I absolutely have no other choice but to go, when I actually DO go, I end up spending more than I wanted to, yet everything I buy is something that I really need. Well... almost everything. This applies to the hardware store, the grocery store, the clothing store, etc.

I spent too much at Home Depot, but I got a lot of cool stuff. I didn't have to go to the computer store because Target had a nifty computer mouse that works wonderfully! I probably shouldn't have lingered in the computer section, though. I really have NO idea how that computer game got in my basket! (This excuse was well used when I had children shopping with me. It doesn't hold much weight now and the register clerks look at me weird. But then they start ringing up all my cat groceries and I see them nodding their head in understanding.)

So I tore up more of my wall with my cool new tool. I have a little more destruction left and then I'll start patching. Sitting here looking at ALL the walls, I have a lot of work ahead of me. I can't expect perfection unless I want to install new sheetrock. Since I'm not willing to put that kind of money in a house that's going to be bulldozed once it's sold, I'm seriously considering some kind of mural or random wall art. This giant crack that is now a hole would be a good placement for some faux brick art. I bought some shelving to put my paints on and since my art desk is going to be kept over there anyway, I might art it up some on the wall. This might be good practice for when I grow up and buy my own home.

Not much else going on in my neck of the woods. Is very windy and very cold outside. Good day to sleep in.

No comments: