Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Year 2 - Day 2

Gatofish writes:
Dear LaLa,
PLEASE will you regale us with wisdoms of your youth? All of your fans know you MUST have been an advanced child and we wish to hear stories of your long ago adventures.

Actually... (that was for you J)

Gatofish requests my earliest childhood memory. THANK YOU Gatofish!

My earliest childhood memory finds me in my crib. I see my crib lengthwise against the same wall where my bedroom door is. I reach for my bottle but it's hard to find. I can see it, but every time I reach for it, it falls down further between the rails and the mattress.

I never said that my answers to your requests were going to be worth reading.

This crib recollection is one I've always had. Not sure why. Not really sure how accurate it is. But it's always been there. There are no colors or smells associated with it but I do remember a sense of frustration... reaching for the bottle, pushing it farther and farther into the mattress. Of course, my 40 year old brain sees the memory and explains it the way I just did. What my baby brain saw was the bottle floating, like a buoy in the ocean, and every time my baby arm would reach for it, it would float farther away.

And that's all I have to say about tha-at.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh--you just described my Saturday night! ;^P

How about you blog about your all-time favorite movie, or book, or song, or food, or kiss? What is/was your favorite time in your life? What are your hopes & dreams for the next day/week/month/year/decade?