Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

While many of you are looking forward to eating turkey tomorrow, I will be looking forward to having Luby's Cafateria. Any time I go to Luby's, I have fish. I've never cooked a Thanksgiving dinner. I think I've only cooked a turkey one time in my entire life. Several years ago, my family and I discoved taking the whole family to meet up at Luby's was a VERY easy way for everyone to get out of having the stress of cooking a big meal and having tons of people over. There's always plenty of food and chairs for whoever shows up. I think my mom sometimes feels guilty about this since she was always the Thanksgiving dinner provider, but I love doing this. She got a wild hair last year and canceled Luby's at the last minute and went ahead and cooked. This past year, though, she's suffered with degenerative arthritus in her back and hip area and there's just no way she'll be able to entertain like she used to. One of these years... maybe next year or the year after, I would like do Thanksgiving here for my family. Yeah, it's small, but how fun would it be to have my whole family crammed into my teeny home? (If my mom is reading this, she's cringing right now.)

My daughter is going to come over after work this evening and is spending the night. Tomorrow we will all meet at Luby's around noon. We'll eat, drink tea, and be merry. Then my kids will leave for thanksgiving at their dad's and my parents and brother's family will leave to go camping. I think I am going to a friend's house later in the evening, but I will find out for sure today. Should be a laughter filled day with family, friends, good wishes, and promises to get together again at Christmas.

I hope your day will be just as special...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving is in store! And Luby's can be just as traditional as anything; tradition is in the heart of the family, not in some Martha Stewart magazine. You go girl!